Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thursday, a free day in Kuta, Bali

My hotel's nice, a/c, tv, balcony overlooking the pool, double bed and so on, esp. when you consider it's only about 25$ per night!

Yesterday I went with a bunch of hashers in three vans to do a bit of sightseeing.  First we went to a locals market. 










Then we had lunch overlooking one of the big mountains here, which they call Ganungs. 















Then saw the "mother temple" at Ganung Agung, the tallest mountain here.  The guide laughed when I asked him where the father temple is.  Guess he thought I was joking.  











Then we had dinner near Candi Dasa.  Even though the distances aren't great this little bit took us all day.  I was exhausted from it when I got home so opted not to go with them to Ubud today and the run afterward in one of the monkey forests.  I'll be headed to Ubud in a few days anyway.


Tomorrow I get picked up for rafting and elephants, though not necessarily in that order.  Then Saturday I'm off by shuttle and boat to Nusa Lembongan for a couple days of diving.  The island isn't far off the coast of southern Bali, maybe an hour and a half by boat.  And it's connected to another island by a small footbridge.  I think there aren't any ATMs nor do they accept plastic there.  So today I'm going to get 4 million rupees to take with me, only about 400 American.  The only thing is that the largest denomination is about 100,000.  So it's quite a wad.

Just taking a walk to see where the shuttle is in relation to my hotel.  Then I'm thinking lunch and a massage, then maybe a look at the beach.  Maybe if I get back to the hotel early I'll grab a cab to the monkey forest for the run, but it seems little pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment