Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Interhash is over

Kenya didn't win.  :-(  So I've got a hundred dollar tee shirt.  That is, I preregistered for Kenya at a discount.  Because they lost and I get no refund, all I have to show for it is the shirt.  That's okay. 

Today is July 5th.  I've got a bit of free time.  I've mailed back extra tee shirts and such.  They'll probably get back to me about a month or two after I get back.  Now I'm  catching up on blogging and email.  Had a brief hello to Charlotte and Barbara on Facebook.

This Interhash was pretty well run I guess, despite its several changes in management.  I liked seeing old friends and making a few new ones.  And of course the trails are neat.

Yesterday I managed to get on the cave run, which was so popular the first day that they added a few busses.  Here we are going through a creek with a beautiful outcropping rock formation.

More water and dense foliage.

Rock formations near the trail...

I tried taking a picture inside the cave but all I got was black.  This is us exiting.  The cave was pretty big. - Bats above if you had a bright enough light to see them.

And a watercrossing to finish things off.  The water came up to my chest and there was a pretty good current where it did. The hares had stretched ropes taught across the river so that no one would get swept away.  The water felt great!

And finally, the circle.  The wood on the ground has three glasses attached to it.  So whenever anyone got called up at least two more did as well.  All three glasses are filled and down downs were done on our knees, with cardboard to soften the impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment