Saturday, June 26, 2010

it's pissing down buckets - updated

Just an hour after getting to the Hotel 81 Palace, a hash hotel in the middle of Geylang - one of the red light districts here, the skies opened up.  The locals love it since it cools everything down.  I'm hoping it stops in the next few hours so I can go sightseeing without getting soaked. 

Anywho, I changed into some cooler clothing, caught my breath and went out for something to eat.  Had some sort of spicy lamb with noodles at a halal Indian restaurant, halal being Muslim kosher. Mee gerong or something like that.  Saw a hasher there who didn't have time to chat.

Now I'm at an internet resort, which, despite the many signs that say no smoking, smells an awful lot like old smoke.  Seems that people come here to play games at about a dollar an hour. The guy next to me is asleep. Online and asleep.  They've got those old style chairs, like from the 60s maybe, that  look like hands.

3 comments:

  1. Go Andy... keep wet or stay dry it doesn't much matter--you're in Asia...enjoy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. andy..are you aware that the web address for the blog doesn't seem to be spelled correctly andy in south east asia ? save me some of that kosher lamb for when you get back. sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I realized after I set up the blog that it was misspelled. But I've got a link to it on my facebook page. And I'd already sent out links to it to a few people. I figured that if anyone's interested and can't find it they can always email me a note.

    ReplyDelete